Investment Corporation of Dubai MD leaves post
Dubai, April 28, 2010
The managing director of the Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD), the investment arm of the emirate, has left the post, a government spokeswoman said.
Abdulaziz Al-Muhairi will take up a new role within the investment body, the spokeswoman added.
Al-Muhairi joined ICD after stepping down from his position as chief executive of Dubai Bank in May 2008.
He remains a member of the five-man Supreme Fiscal Committee which reviews debt and spending policies and oversees the Dubai Financial Support Fund (DFSF).
"His role at DFSF has not changed," the spokeswoman said, speaking on condition of customary anonymity. "Within ICD, he's been asked to take on new responsibilities that will be announced in due course."
The DFSF helps oversee the distribution of aid to state-linked firms and was set up in the wake of the financial crisis to lead bailout efforts.
It led efforts to restructure debt-laden Dubai World's debt and unveiled a $9.5 billion rescue plan for the conglomerate last month.
Dubai World is in talks with a core panel of lenders to restructure $26 billion in debt. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals