UAB selects Al Mazroui as president
Khartoum , May 2, 2010
The Union of Arab Banks’ (UAB) general assembly has selected Sulaiman Al Mazroui, board member of UAB and representative of UAE banks as the president of the assembly for a period of one year.
The decision came at the UAB board meeting and general assembly which was held on the sidelines of the Arab Banking Conference 2010 in Khartoum.
The board meeting stressed the importance of improving Arab investment, evaluating and redirecting the performance of common Arab economy, highlighting the role of Islamic banking and activating mechanisms of cross border inter-Arab investment projects, as an introduction to Arab economic complementarily.
The UAB was formed in 1974 and currently has 330 members from the Arab financial and banking institutions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3