Emirates NBD data center wins ITaward
Dubai, May 8, 2010
Emirates NBD, the biggest banking group in the Middle East by assets, has won the “data center project of the year” recognition of the NetworkWorld Middle East Awards 2010 for its Al Barsha data center project.
The awards event, that recognised innovative IT initiatives, for their achievement in creating new business value through IT-enabled innovation, was held at the Mina A’ Salam hotel in Dubai.
These awards stand out as an inspiration and proof that charting new paths in technology deployment can yield business rewards and industry recognition.
This is the second industry recognition for the Emirates NBD Al Barsha Center, which is the largest data center owned by a bank in the region. Earlier, in October, 2009, the Barsha data center had earned the “ACN Arab technology award for “Best banking & finance implementation of the year”.
Sajid Lokhandwala, VP, head of IT infrastructure and project director, received the NetworkWorld Middle East - 2010 award on behalf of the bank.
The judging panel consisting of the region’s leading IT practitioners, considered the strategic importance, business value and innovative features of the project.
Emirates NBD won the data center award in the end-user category for clearly demonstrating return on investment, productivity and efficiency gain, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- United Arab signs $250m syndicated loan
- Standard Life sets up Asia advisory board
- UAE among 20 most attractive countries for M&A
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn