Citibank launches key products for SMEs
Manama, June 3, 2010
Citibank has launched a new suite of trade products and services under its CitiBusiness programme for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Bahrain.
They target key businesses like trade, construction, tourism, facility management, import and export, manufacturing, and professional services, said consumer business head Navneet Kampani.
"The offer includes trade services such as letters of credit, letters of guarantee and import and export collection of documents," he said.
Commercial bank and wealth management product head Zuzar Mandarwala said the global reach and recognition of the Citi brand is important for trade transactions. He said a Citi letter of credit provided instant comfort for an exporter from another country dealing with a client in Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson