Mazin Manna named Bahrain Citibank chief
Manama, June 15, 2010
Citigroup has announced the appointment of Mazin Manna as Citibank's Bahrain chief executive.
A Jordanian-Canadian, Manna, who is replacing Mayank Malik, is a seasoned banker who has spent around 20 years within Citigroup ranks, mainly in the Gulf region, a Citigroup statement said.
'Manna will look after Citi's operations in Bahrain, which include diverse corporate and investment banking businesses as well as consumer banking activities,' the statement said.
'He will also continue to lead Citi's coverage efforts for key Saudi relationships out of Bahrain as well.'
Manna said he was delighted to move to Bahrain and to continue to build strong and stable relationships with top clients in Saudi Arabia.
'We plan to build on our success in Bahrain and to further invest in our business based in the country both with resources in corporate and investment banking and transaction services as well as state-of-the-art technology to serve our government, financial institutions, corporate and retail clients,' he said.
'We also plan to continue to enhance and grow our strong retail franchise in the country,' he said.
Malik, who was in Bahrain since late 2007, is moving on as Citi Jordan country officer.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds