Firms to offer mobile money transfer facility
Dubai, June 15, 2010
Leading UAE payroll processor Workers Equity Holding (WEH) and mobile solutions provider Luup have joined forces to offer a mobile money transfer (remittance) solution for workers in the country.
The agreement opens way for WEH’s customers to seamlessly remit money home from their mobiles, in partnership with financial institutions, a statement said.
“Workers Equity plays a crucial role in offering payroll cards and electronic salary disbursement services under the umbrella of the UAE Central Bank Wage Protection System (WPS). The agreement with Luup is intended to mobile enable international remittances directly from payroll cards,” said Ibrahim Darraz, general manager, WEH.
The agreement was signed at a ceremony attended by Morten Hofstad, regional director of Luup and Erik B Wiken, commercial consul, Royal Norwegian Consulate in Dubai and director of Innovation Norway, GCC region.
“The scope of the agreement is for Luup to integrate its mobile money transfer solution with WEH’s payroll solution,” explained Morten Hofstad, adding “with financial institutions as further partners for remittances, workers will have access to instant and easy-to-use financial services.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm