NBB ratings reaffirmed
Manama, June 23, 2010
Capital Intelligence has reaffirmed all credit ratings of National Bank of Bahrain (NBB) after reviewing its strong and consistent performance in the recent difficult market conditions.
NBB's Long-term Foreign Currency rating has been affirmed at A and Short-term Foreign Currency rating at A1.
The agency maintains the bank's Financial Strength rating at A.
The support rating of one was also maintained in recognition of the systemic importance of the bank and its ownership structure.
The outlook for the ratings remains stable.
NBB's ratings are set at the country ceiling for Bahrain. Both the Long and Short Term ratings for NBB are among the highest for banks in the Gulf region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey