AUB boosts stake in Egypt bank
Cairo, July 7, 2010
Bahrain’s Ahli United Bank (AUB) has increased its stake in Ahli United Bank Egypt to 85.1 per cent from 79.6 per cent, Egypt’s bourse said yesterday.
The Bahraini bank, which has sought to boost its stake to 90 per cent in an offer that began on June 1, bought 3.3 million shares at EGP37 ($6.68) each, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The deal was worth EGP122.6 million. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson