National Bank of Oman picks Misys solution
London, July 7, 2010
Misys, the global application software and services company, announced that the National Bank of Oman (NBO) has selected its trade finance solution.
The solution will allow NBO to expand its business coverage, meet customer demands and support its growing trade volumes.
The integrated solution combines the power of the back-office processing system, Misys TI Plus with the award-winning Misys Trade Portal, the e-business console. This will enable customers to connect seamlessly to NBO to conduct their international trade business at the same time as accessing a wide range of financial supply chain services.
'We are confident that Misys TI Plus and Trade Portal will help us to meet our growth targets for our traditional products as well as newer ones, such as factoring,' stated Humayun Kabir, general manager Wholesale Banking, National Bank of Oman.
'NBO has been using the Misys Equation core banking system for over a decade and after an in-depth evaluation period the management team confirmed that our trade finance solution would benefit the bank most,' added Roy Froud, director - Middle East & Africa, Misys.
'With our integrated solution NBO will now be able to grow its volumes, boost efficiency and broaden its revenue options more effectively.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale