Bank Sohar Q2 profit up 33pc
Muscat, July 27, 2010
Oman's Bank Sohar on Tuesday reported a 33 per cent rise in second-quarter net profit helped by higher lending and increased deposits from customers.
The lender reported a profit of 3.2 million rials ($8.31 million) versus 2.4 million a year earlier. Profits for the first half of the year stood at 6 million rials, up from 1.7 million.
Last week, Bank Sohar had reported that its second-quarter profit was 6 million rials, which was actually the bank's first-half numbers.
Bank Sohar shares closed up 0.5 per cent on the Muscat bourse on Tuesday.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson