Invesco launches new fund
Manama, August 12, 2010
Invesco has launched a new fund, the Invesco Latin American Equity Fund, available to offshore investors across the region.
The inaugural Invesco Middle East Asset Management Study revealed that Middle East investors are increasingly focusing towards emerging markets across the world, including Latin America.
"Emerging markets is an important and growing area for us and the launch of this fund is part of a long-term initiative, aimed at offering offshore investors increased access to Invesco's established emerging market expertise," said Invesco Middle East head Nick Tolchard.
"It has been launched in response to the strong demand from offshore investors, particularly in the Middle East, who stated in our recent research that 82 per cent plan to increase their exposure to emerging markets over the next three to five years.
"For our investor base, it is all about long term positioning, and this fund will offer them the opportunity to invest in this young, emerging and currently attractively valued asset class which is often under represented in many global portfolios,” he added.
The fund aims to achieve long-term capital growth through investing in shares of Latin American firms and is expected to have a similar asset allocation to the onshore Invesco Perpetual Latin American Fund. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit