Invesco launches new fund
Manama, August 12, 2010
Invesco has launched a new fund, the Invesco Latin American Equity Fund, available to offshore investors across the region.
The inaugural Invesco Middle East Asset Management Study revealed that Middle East investors are increasingly focusing towards emerging markets across the world, including Latin America.
"Emerging markets is an important and growing area for us and the launch of this fund is part of a long-term initiative, aimed at offering offshore investors increased access to Invesco's established emerging market expertise," said Invesco Middle East head Nick Tolchard.
"It has been launched in response to the strong demand from offshore investors, particularly in the Middle East, who stated in our recent research that 82 per cent plan to increase their exposure to emerging markets over the next three to five years.
"For our investor base, it is all about long term positioning, and this fund will offer them the opportunity to invest in this young, emerging and currently attractively valued asset class which is often under represented in many global portfolios,” he added.
The fund aims to achieve long-term capital growth through investing in shares of Latin American firms and is expected to have a similar asset allocation to the onshore Invesco Perpetual Latin American Fund. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson