ACE appoints Mena director
London, August 12, 2010
ACE European Group, a leading insurance and reinsurance services provider, has appointed Steve Dixon as regional managing director, ACE Mena.
Dixon succeeds Giles Ward, who has led ACE Mena since 2006, now appointed to the position of chief executive officer for ACE Australia and New Zealand.
Dixon has been with ACE since the acquisition of CIGNA in 1999, at which time he was responsible for the UK Commercial P&C operations.
In 2006 he moved to Tokyo as regional vice president and director of ACE Far East responsible for the P&C and personal lines businesses.
“Steve takes the helm of a fast growing, successful regional business,” Andrew Kendrick, chairman and CEO, ACE European Group.
“I would like to thank Giles Ward for his significant contribution in establishing our Mena operation, which now comprises Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE via the regional office in Bahrain.”
“This built upon long standing relationships between ACE and countries within the region. MENA offers significant opportunities, especially within the construction and energy sectors, but also within the A&H and personal lines arena. Steve is the ideal candidate to lead this business as we go from strength to strength,” Kendrick added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain