NBK launches rights issue
Kuwait City, October 6, 2010
The National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), the emirate’s largest lender, said it has launched a rights issue to raise its capital by 10 per cent to meet future expansion plans.
NBK was issuing about 327.1 million new shares each valued at 500 Kuwaiti fils
($1.76) for registered shareholders, the bank said in a statement posted on the Kuwait Stock Exchange’s website.
Shares in the bank, which hopes to net $576 million from the process, were trading at 1.42 dinars on Monday.
The rights issue ends on October 21.
In March, NBK raised its capital by 10 per cent through distributing bonus shares.
The bank’s capitalisation after the rights issue would be $1.27 billion.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson