UNB Q3 profit rises 28pc to $125m
Abu Dhabi, October 21, 2010
UAE lender Union National Bank beat analysts’ forecasts by posting a 28 per cent increase in third-quarter net profit to Dh459.6 million ($125.1 million) from Dh358.05 million in the same period last year.
The Abu Dhabi-based lender's third quart net income boost came in from a surge in net interest income, according to a report in our sister newspaper Gulf Daily News (GDN).
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson