Emirates NBD, Etisalat ink WAN services deal
Dubai, October 21, 2010
Emirates NBD, the leading bank in the UAE, has signed an agreement with Etisalat, a leader in Managed ICT services, to manage the Wide Area Network for its 400+ offsite ATM machines.
Emirates NBD has the largest network in the country with 725+ ATMs, out of which 400+ are installed in offsite locations.
As per the agreement, Etisalat will provide holistic management of the MPLS links and routers for Emirates NBD country wide network of over 400 offsite ATM machines in a phased manner. Etisalat will provide 24x7 monitoring for the links & routers and onsite support through end-to-end network infrastructure management services, eventually resulting in improved network availability at reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the bank.
“We are looking forward to the latest technologies and network services of Etisalat to enable us to continuously improve the services to our customers,” stated Ali Sajwani, chief information officer, Emirates NBD.
“Outsourced managed services enable organisations to focus on their core competencies while reducing their total cost of IT ownership,” added Abdulla Hashim, SVP Business Solutions at Etisalat.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head