Mashreq bank Q3 net doubles
Dubai, October 31, 2010
Dubai-based Mashreq bank made a net profit of 419.2 million dirhams ($114.2 million) in the third quarter, Reuters calculated, more than double the figure in the same period last year.
The bank reported a nine-month net profit of 647.4 million dirhams in a statement on Sunday. Reuters calculated the quarterly figure from previous financial reports.
Mashreq's net profit for the first half of 2010 was 228.2 million dirhams. Third-quarter profit in 2009 was 200.5 million dirhams.
Provisions in the third quarter totalled 317 million dirhams, bringing the total for the year so far to 1.21 billion dirhams, compared to 1.38 billion dirhams in the year-ago period, the statement said. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk