Futurebank's new CEO takes charge
Manama, November 2, 2010
Bahrain-based Futurebank welcomed on board Gholam Souri as its new chief executive officer.
With more than 20 years of experience in the banking industry and a strong background in Islamic banking, Souri hopes to take the bank forward while at the same time hone his skills and experience in this new role. He has previously served as a director of Futurebank from its inception up to end of September 2006.
Since then he has continued to serve as a non-executive board member.
'This is a wonderful opportunity for me to re-experience Futurebank. With the long strides Futurebank has taken in the years since my post here, I look forward to understanding its new culture, ethos and dynamics as I strive towards taking it forward,' Souri said.
'Though my relationship with Futurebank has been for many years as a deputy CEO and then as a non-executive board member, the challenges and opportunities of my new role excites me immensely,' he said.
'I am very pleased to welcome my good friend and long-time colleague, Souri, on board and wish him monumental success in this latest venture,' Futurebank chairman Dr Hamid Borhani said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- United Arab signs $250m syndicated loan
- Standard Life sets up Asia advisory board
- UAE among 20 most attractive countries for M&A
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn