ABC Islamic Bank posts $0.2m Q3 profit
Manama, November 10, 2010
ABC Islamic Bank has announced a net profit of $0.2 million for the third quarter of this year, compared to a loss of $0.4 million in the second quarter.
The bank reported net profit of $1.6 million for the nine months ending September 30, 2010.
Total operating income for the third quarter remained at the same level as the second quarter of $4.1 million. Operating expenses of $1.5 million were slightly lower than the previous quarter of $1.6 million.
Third quarter operating profit before impairment provisions improved 5 per cent to reach $2.6 million. Impairment provision in the third quarter was $2.4 million, compared to $2.9 million in the previous quarter.
ABC Islamic Bank’s total assets declined to $1.24 billion as at September 30, 2010 from $1.29 billion at June 30, 2010 mainly due to a decline in Murabaha receivables and Ijara assets.
“The operating performance of the bank continues to show improvement from the previous quarter despite higher provisioning required for an old collateral linked exposure. The capital base of the bank also remains strong with a Capital Adequacy Ratio greater than 23 per cent,” stated Naveed Khan, managing director, ABC Islamic Bank.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm