Waha completes AerCap stake deal
Dubai, November 11, 2010
Waha Capital completed a 20 percent stake acquisition in AerCap Holdings NV in exchange for an interest in leasing assets and a cash payment of $8 million, it said on Thursday.
Waha finalised the deal in which it bought 29.8 million new shares in AerCap on Wednesday, it said in a bourse statement.
"In exchange, Waha has transferred its 50 percent interest in ... AerVenture, a 40 percent interest in Waha's own 16-aircraft portfolio and $105 million in cash, $97 million of which is cash freed up through the structure, mainly through additional leverage on the 16-aircraft portfolio," the statement said.
The transaction, valued at $380 million, will make Waha one of the biggest shareholders in the Dutch aircraft leasing firm. The Abu Dhabi-listed firm unveiled the deal in October.
Waha's main institutional shareholder is Mubadala Development Co, whose unit Mubadala Aerospace will start making Airbus parts at its new facility by the fourth quarter. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson