Emirates NBD ranked largest ME bank
Dubai, December 30, 2010
Emirates NBD has been ranked the largest bank in the Middle East by Global Finance, which also recognised Emirates NBD as one of the top 50 banks across all international emerging markets.
These independently compiled rankings by Global Finance, a monthly magazine headquartered in New York, confirm the status of Emirates NBD as the leading bank in the region – and as an increasingly significant presence globally at a time when key emerging markets continue to drive the global economy out of recession.
“We are very pleased that the bank’s strong performance has been recognised by Global Finance,” said Jamal Bin Ghalaita, deputy chief executive officer, Emirates NBD Group.
“Over the past three years, Emirates NBD Group has grown its portfolio three-fold and expanded its UAE-wide network to more than 130 branches and over 700 ATMs.”
“Today, with more than 8000 employees, Emirates NBD is also directly contributing to the economic growth and diversification of the UAE as an employer of choice and leader in Emiratisation among financial services firms,” he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- DIB ratings receives Moody’s affirmation
- Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey
- Regulation ‘biggest challenge for CFOs’
- ENBD plans bond sale to boost capital