Emirates NBD ranked largest ME bank
Dubai, December 30, 2010
Emirates NBD has been ranked the largest bank in the Middle East by Global Finance, which also recognised Emirates NBD as one of the top 50 banks across all international emerging markets.
These independently compiled rankings by Global Finance, a monthly magazine headquartered in New York, confirm the status of Emirates NBD as the leading bank in the region – and as an increasingly significant presence globally at a time when key emerging markets continue to drive the global economy out of recession.
“We are very pleased that the bank’s strong performance has been recognised by Global Finance,” said Jamal Bin Ghalaita, deputy chief executive officer, Emirates NBD Group.
“Over the past three years, Emirates NBD Group has grown its portfolio three-fold and expanded its UAE-wide network to more than 130 branches and over 700 ATMs.”
“Today, with more than 8000 employees, Emirates NBD is also directly contributing to the economic growth and diversification of the UAE as an employer of choice and leader in Emiratisation among financial services firms,” he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue