KPMG appoints new audit partners in Bahrain
Manama, January 1, 2011
KPMG Fakhro, a leading global audit, tax and advisory firm, has appointed two new audit partners aimed at strengthening the firm’s financial services and owner managed business practices in Bahrain.
Islamic banking specialist, Mahesh Balasubramanian, and owner managed business specialist, Harish Gopinath, were both promoted from within the business.
KPMG Fakhro managing partner, Jamal Fakhro said the appointments reflect KPMG’s optimism for the future and the growing needs and expectations of its clients.
“Mahesh and Harish are significant appointments for our expanding financial services and owner managed business teams,” said Fakhro.
“The appointments ensure KPMG has senior auditors on the ground to support clients in the growing SME sector in Bahrain and Islamic banking,” he added.
Balasubramanian is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He leads the Islamic banking services for Bahrain.
Gopinath is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and has a CPA from American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He manages audit, accounting and outsourcing assignments and special assignments for SME clients in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson