Qatari fund invests in French chipmaker
Doha, January 16, 2011
French chipmaker Altis has received around 50 million euros ($65.70 million) in investment from French and Qatari sovereign funds, according to newspaper reports.
Altis - formerly owned by IBM and Infineon - was bought in August by French government official Yazid Sabeg, who also owns a small-cap IT consultancy called CS Communication.
According to La Tribune, the FSI has invested 20 million euros while the Qatari Diar sovereign real estate fund has invested around 30 million.
A spokesman for the FSI was unavailable for comment. The fund was designed to support small companies deemed strategically important to France.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace