Bank Dhofar mulls 12.5pc cash dividend
Muscat, January 25, 2011
Oman's Bank Dhofar proposed a cash dividend of 12.5 per cent amounting to 10.17 million rials ($26.41 million), the company said in a statement on Tuesday.
The board also approved a bonus share issue of 12.5 percent amounting to 101.7 million shares at 0.1 rial per share. Bank Dhofar will present shareholders with the dividend proposal at its annual general meeting in March.
The company reported a two-fold increase in fourth quarter earnings on Jan. 12, but missed analysts expectations
Bank Dhofar, like other banks in the sultanate, is expected to benefit from Oman's plans to spend 30 billion rials ($77.2 billion) in a new five-year economic initiative.-Reuters
Tags: Bank Dhofar |
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector