HSBC to join Dubai Trade e-payment gateway
Dubai, February 9, 2011
Dubai Trade, the online portal and trade facilitator of Dubai World, has announced that HSBC Bank will join its centralised e-payment gateway Rosoom.
The partnership will enable the trade community using Dubai Trade(www.dubaitrade.ae) to access their HSBC accounts online and execute monetary transactions with global marine terminal operator DP World, Jafza and DMCC allowing customers access to multiple transaction methods to settle bills through the secure electronic, single window facility offered by Rosoom. HSBC will work closely with its customers and Dubai Trade to roll out this functionality over the coming months.
“Through its sophisticated network customised for e-transaction, Dubai Trade has set a benchmark for technology-driven excellence in trading. The inclusion of the services of a reputed bank like HSBC will bring added value to our vast community of traders,” stated Mohamed Al Muallem, SVP and managing director, DP World UAE Region, and board member, Dubai Trade.
“We are pleased to welcome HSBC to Dubai Trade’s expanding family of trade enablers,” added Mahmood Al Bastaki, director of Dubai Trade.
“Our customers want reliable, secure, world class technology and we believe that this move on to the Rosoom platform will greatly benefit them when trading with DP World, Jafza and DMCC,” said Marcus Hurry, deputy chief, HSBC UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Tough time ahead for Arab Spring nations
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain