HSBC Saudi Arabia wins top honours
Dubai, February 20, 2011
HSBC Saudi Arabia Limited, 40 per cent owned by the Saudi British Bank (SABB), has won two MENA Fund Manager Awards.
The bank won the Fund of Funds of the Year for its HSBC Amanah Multi Assets Growth Fund and the Sector Fund of the Year for its HSBC Amanah Saudi Industrial Companies Fund. Both awards were received based on the funds’ performance in 2010.
The HSBC Amanah Multi Assets Growth Fund (AGP) is an open ended Investment Fund which aims to achieve, over the long-term, capital growth through exposure to a diversified selection of global, emerging, regional and local equity markets funds. The fund also invests in Shariah-compliant money market and fixed income funds.
The HSBC Amanah Multi Assets Growth Fund achieved a return of 8.88 per cent during 2010 while its two years cumulative return was 38.41 per cent.
The HSBC Amanah Saudi Industrial Companies Fund is also an open-ended investment fund with the aim to achieve, over the long-term, capital growth by investing in a diversified portfolio of Shariah-compliant equities of industrial companies listed on the Saudi stock market.
The fund’s one year return was 17.58 per cent while its two years cumulative return was 72.57 per cent as at December 31, 2010.
“We combine our local market knowledge with HSBC’s global investment expertise to deliver optimal investment solutions to our clients, and our product range is geared to ensure that investors with different risk profiles are able to select a fund that matches their investment needs,” stated Osamah M Shaker, managing director & head of Investments.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit