First Energy appoints new chairman
Manama, February 23, 2011
Bahrain-based First Energy Bank (FEB), a major Islamic investment bank, has appointed Khadem Abdulla Al Qubaisi as the bank’s new chairman, following the recent departure of the bank’s former chairman, Esam Janahi.
Al Qubaisi has served as a key figure on many management teams throughout the financial industry, including serving currently as the managing director of International Petroleum Investment Company (Ipic) in Abu Dhabi, as well as serving as chairman for Aabar Investments, Abu Dhabi Chemicals (Chemaweyaat), National Central Cooling (Tabreed), Abu Dhabi National Takaful (Takaful), and I-Media Newspaper (Alrroya Aleqtisadiya).
He was honoured as the ICIS No. 1 Chemical Industry Power Player for 2009 and the 2009 Arabian Businessman of the Year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson