NBB waives loan instalments
Manama, March 9, 2011
The National Bank of Bahrain (NBB) has announced that it will pay three loan instalments of up to BD100 monthly on behalf of customers whose salaries don’t
“The package will benefit customers who have been granted individual loans in exchange for salary transfer,” NBB chief executive officer and managing director Abdulrazzaq Qassim said.
The NBB board of directors announced the move in a bid to ease the burden on Bahrainis and boost spending.
The scheme will cost the bank BD3 million and benefit up to 10,000 Bahraini customers.
Customers eligible for the package should contact any NBB branch before March 22 and bring their February salary slips, the bank said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards