IBQ launches new online security service
Doha, March 9, 2011
The International Bank of Qatar (IBQ) has launched its new online security service, the 'IBQ Card Secure', in association with Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode online authentication systems.
The IBQ Card Secure service is designed to offer customers further protection while shopping online with IBQ credit cards.
The IBQ Card Secure service is free of charge to all IBQ credit cardholders and registration to the service is available through a dedicated portal on the bank’s website. Once registered, customers will be able to verify all their online transactions using a password when shopping online at participating merchants.
To mark the launch of the new service, IBQ is also running a special promotion for its Visa credit cardholders, IBQ Visa Platinum and IBQ Visa Infinite, who register for the service before April 10. Visa credit cardholders will be eligible to purchase a range of iPads at exclusive prices. The promotion which is offered in association with Verified by Visa and the online store www.aido.com, provides free shipping and delivery to any address in Qatar in two working days.
'Online spending is increasing exponentially and it is only natural for us at IBQ to look at the best online shopping service experience for our customers particularly when it comes to safety,' said Philip King, head of Retail Banking at IBQ.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee