Jersey Finance opens Abu Dhabi office
Abu Dhabi, March 21, 2011
Jersey Finance, an organisation that promotes Jersey as an international finance centre, has opened its new representative office in Abu Dhabi.
The new office in the UAE capital will provide support services for regional companies in the banking, fund management, trust and legal industries with existing operations in Jersey, as well as acting as a hub to communicate the breadth and depth of its offshore financial services.
Specialist Jersey-based trust companies with UAE offices include Minerva Middle East, Vistra and Sanne Group. Inversely, banking institutions from the UAE with offices in Jersey include Emirates NBD, National Bank of Abu Dhabi and HSBC Middle East, among others.
Throughout the Gulf, Jersey Finance will concentrate on promoting Jersey’s expanding range of Shariah-compliant financial products, including Islamic asset management and fund domiciliation, Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs), Sukuk structures and Islamic private wealth management.
The new office will supplement Jersey Finance’s existing representative office in Hong Kong, and dedicated representatives in India. Sean Costello, will head Jersey Finance’s business development in the GCC and India.
“The GCC is a key finance and business centre that we have been visiting since 2002 and we are delighted that we now have a representative office in the region,” said Sean Costello.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm