Fitch affirms GIB ratings
Manama, March 23, 2011
Fitch Ratings has affirmed Bahrain-based Gulf International Bank (GIB) and its subsidiary Gulf International Bank (UK)'s (GIBUK) long-term issuer default rating (IDR) at A, both with stable outlooks, short-term IDR at F1 and support rating at 1.
It has also affirmed GIBUK's individual rating at C/D.
GIB's IDRs continue to be driven by the extremely high probability of support from the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia which holds a 97.2 per cent stake.
Fitch considers that GIB's IDRs are not currently constrained by Bahrain's country ceiling of BBB+.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge