Fitch affirms GIB ratings
Manama, March 23, 2011
Fitch Ratings has affirmed Bahrain-based Gulf International Bank (GIB) and its subsidiary Gulf International Bank (UK)'s (GIBUK) long-term issuer default rating (IDR) at A, both with stable outlooks, short-term IDR at F1 and support rating at 1.
It has also affirmed GIBUK's individual rating at C/D.
GIB's IDRs continue to be driven by the extremely high probability of support from the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia which holds a 97.2 per cent stake.
Fitch considers that GIB's IDRs are not currently constrained by Bahrain's country ceiling of BBB+.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units