Falcon Private Bank names Abu Dhabi head
Dubai, March 29, 2011
Swiss wealth management expert Falcon Private Bank has appointed Gregor Hubler to head its new Middle East representative office in Abu Dhabi, which is set to open in April.
He will report directly to Zafar Khan, chief executive Middle East North Africa and member of the bank’s executive board.
“We are fortunate to have Gregor Hubler’s experience, leadership and proven track record to lead our new representative office in Abu Dhabi. His appointment coincides with an exciting period of development in the region,” said Eduardo Leemann, CEO of Falcon Private Bank and Zafar Khan, chief executive Middle East.
Gregor Hubler previously held the position of head of Wealth Management Products at Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and prior to that worked in various senior positions in global financial institutions such as JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch and Credit Suisse.
Hubler studied Economics at the University of Geneva and later went on to gain an executive MBA from Harvard Business School.
Falcon Private Bank’s Abu Dhabi representative office is located in the newly launched Das Tower on the Corniche. The bank has been present in the region since 2008 when its Dubai office opened, and has been owned by Aabar Investments since 2009.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013