GIB wins key Citibank award
Manama, April 21, 2011
Citibank Bahrain has honoured Gulf International Bank (GIB) with the Citi Performance Excellence Award 2011 for its achievements in global electronic payments leadership for the second year in a row.
'We are proud to receive the award this year after receiving it in 2010. It reinforces our capabilities and assures our customers that they can fully rely on our payment services to be fast and efficient, with funds reaching the counterparty as quickly and safely as possible,' said GIB chief executive officer Dr Yahya Alyahya.
'Receiving this award is an acknowledgment of GIB's position as one of the top correspondent banks and reinforces its reputation as a market leader in operations, service and quality,' he added.
The award is presented to leading financial institutions worldwide which have state-of-the-art international 'straight-through-processing' electronic payment services and meet Citi's stringent correspondent banking and processing accuracy criteria.
'We are committed to working with leading banks and financial institutions like GIB, recognising banks that use technologies that allow smooth and efficient processing of client transactions,' said Citibank Bahrain chief executive officer Mazin Manna.
'GIB has been a leading institution in this space. This is also part of our commitment to reward best practices in the banking industry in Bahrain and the region,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’
- Takaful poised for big growth
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eye Versace