Kipco Q1 net profit surges on operating firms
Dubai, May 1, 2011
Kuwait Projects Company (Kipco), the Gulf state's biggest investment firm, said its net profit for the first quarter jumped to KD8.1 million ($29.2 million), a company statement said on Sunday.
Kipco's quarterly net profit surged 300 per cent, the statement said, from 2 million dinars in the prior-year period. Net operating profit rose 22 per cent to 18.2 million dinars, the statement said.
'Profitability from most of our operating companies has improved over the year and this growth is in line with our expectations,' said Masaud Kayat, Kipco's chief executive for its banking division.
'We are confident that this growth curve will continue,' he added.
Last month, Burgan Bank, Kipco's commercial banking arm, posted a 10-fold increase in first-quarter net profit helped by lower loan loss provisions.
Kipco, which has total repayments in 2011 of about $634 million, said it plans to repay all its debts this year on time.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment