Habtoor in JV talks with Stanchart
Dubai, May 2, 2011
Al Habtoor Group, a leading business conglomerate in the UAE, said its top management recently held talks with Standard Chartered to discuss key business ventures.
Group chairman Khalaf Al Habtoor received Standard Chartered bank team comprising Stephen Richards-Evans, head of Private Banking (West) and Dina Bseisu, head of Middle East – Private Banking delegation at the Al Habtoor head office in Dubai.
Al Habtoor Group said it enjoys a good relationship with the bank and the possibility of the two companies collaborating and together expanding beyond the UAE shores was also discussed at the meeting.
Also present at the meeting were Alaa El Husseini – the chief operating officer and Sanjeev Agarwala – the Group chief financial officer for the Al Habtoor Group.
Al Habtoor Group, which has grown with the UAE, is best known for construction, but it is also globally recognized through its involvement in the hotel, automotive, real estate, education, insurance and publishing sectors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson