GBCorp names new chief executive
Manama, May 10, 2011
Bahrain-based Global Banking Corporation (GBCorp) has appointed Oscar Silva as its new chief executive officer.
Silva is an acknowledged investment banking professional with 28 years of expertise in investment banking and asset management with focus on emerging markets.
Prior to joining GBCorp, Silva was associated with some of the leading banks in the region and also worked in international financial institutions in Toronto, New York, Tokyo and London.
“I am confident that Oscar’s vast experience and expertise will be invaluable as we move forward with a strong investment agenda. The Kingdom of Bahrain will continue to be the hub of our global operations as we seek to further our reach into new markets and consolidate and build on our strategic investment initiatives,” said Abdul Rahman Al Jasmi, GBCorp’s vice chairman.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech