QFIB, Gulfmena form new asset management firm
Doha, May 10, 2011
Qatar First Investment Bank (QFIB) and Gulfmena Investments have launched Tebyan Asset Management Limited, a new Shari’ah compliant asset management company.
After an initial and temporary offshore establishment, the new company will seek to be authorised and regulated by Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority.
Tebyan’s launch closely follows QFIB’s strategic partnership with Gulfmena - announced in late 2010 - to form a total solutions platform which meets the emerging needs of the Islamic investment community under one roof.
Tebyan aims to tap into the growing Shari’ah asset management space and to cater to international and regional investors seeking traditional and alternative strategies.
“The launch of Tebyan is the result of a strong, significant partnership between QFIB & Gulfmena,” said Emad Mansour, chief executive of QFIB.
“Tebyan’s launch fulfils our objective of offering an innovative and unique proposition to Islamic investors regionally and internationally” added Haissam Arabi, chief of Gulfmena.
Tebyan will be launching the first of its kind New Silk Route long-only fund focusing primarily on the Arab-Indo-China region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school