Mashreq partners with Bank of China
Dubai, May 12, 2011
Mashreq, one of the UAE’s leading financial institutions, has signed an exclusive agreement with Bank of China to establish a ‘China Desk’ in the UAE.
Representatives from Bank of China and Mashreq will operate the desk. It will offer corporate banking solutions to Chinese companies and organisations operating in the Gulf region, and UAE companies looking to do business in China.
The primary objective of the partnership is to assist Chinese companies in expanding their footprint overseas as well as local investors looking to make their mark in China.
“We believe that establishing a China Desk in the Middle East will enable us to facilitate cross-border activities with Chinese and local companies alike,” said John Iossifidis, head of International Banking Group at Mashreq.
Mashreq will offer Chinese companies a range of products and services including account services, trade finance facilities, and advisory service concerning the local industrial and legal framework.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm