KHCB backs accounting summit
Manama, May 31, 2011
Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB), a leading Bahrain-based Islamic retail bank, has announced its platinum sponsorship of a major accounting and auditing conference held recently in Bahrain.
The AAOIFI’s (Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions) 10th annual conference was held under the patronage of Rasheed Al Maraj, Governor of Central Bank of Bahrain.
“We are delighted to be a platinum sponsor of such an important conference. Our participation has demonstrated our continued commitment in supporting initiatives by Islamic banking associations such as AAOIFI that focus on discussing Islamic finance issues,” said Ebrahim Hussain Ebrahim, CEO and board member of KHCB.
“The conference has addressed many current issues that the industry is facing such as practicalities of Shari’a auditing, issues relating to investment management on the basis of agency (Wakeel) contract, and realities of leasing (Ijara) contracts.”
“AAOIFI has created a platform that allows our local and regional financial leaders to network and improve the Islamic finance industry,” Ebrahim added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge