KHCB backs accounting summit
Manama, May 31, 2011
Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB), a leading Bahrain-based Islamic retail bank, has announced its platinum sponsorship of a major accounting and auditing conference held recently in Bahrain.
The AAOIFI’s (Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions) 10th annual conference was held under the patronage of Rasheed Al Maraj, Governor of Central Bank of Bahrain.
“We are delighted to be a platinum sponsor of such an important conference. Our participation has demonstrated our continued commitment in supporting initiatives by Islamic banking associations such as AAOIFI that focus on discussing Islamic finance issues,” said Ebrahim Hussain Ebrahim, CEO and board member of KHCB.
“The conference has addressed many current issues that the industry is facing such as practicalities of Shari’a auditing, issues relating to investment management on the basis of agency (Wakeel) contract, and realities of leasing (Ijara) contracts.”
“AAOIFI has created a platform that allows our local and regional financial leaders to network and improve the Islamic finance industry,” Ebrahim added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head