Dubai investment arm's holdings total $70bn
Dubai, June 12, 2011
The Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD) owns 23 billion dirhams ($6.26 billion) in listed assets and 235.8 billion dirhams in unlisted companies, a government prospectus showed on Sunday.
Dubai's investment arm agreed in May to a $2.8 billion, five-year loan refinancing with banks which will be the largest loan to emerge from Dubai since its financial crisis.
Here is a breakdown of the fund's investment portfolio of both listed and unlisted companies.
ICD portfolio of listed companies as of April 2011
* Emirates NBD Bank - ICD's 55.6 percent stake in the biggest banking group in the Middle East is valued at 11.75 billion dirhams.
* Emaar Properties - ICD owns a 29.4 stake, worth 6.25 billion dirhams in real estate bellwether firm.
* Dubai Islamic Bank - ICD holds a 29.8 percent stake in the Islamic lender, valued at 2.58 billion dirhams.
* Commercial Bank of Dubai - ICD has a 20 percent holding in the bank with its stake worth 1.17 billion dirhams.
* Union National Bank - The Abu-Dhabi listed bank is 10 percent owned by ICD with the stake worth 834 million dirhams.
* Dubai Investments - ICD has an 11.5 percent stake in the UAE conglomerate worth 404 million dirhams.
* National Bank of Fujairah - ICD holds a 9.8 percent stake in the bank, valued at 457 million dirhams.
Portfolio of companies wholly-owned by ICD as of December 2010
* ICD is the sole owner of 8 unlisted firms, including Dubai Real Estate Corp., valued at 160.2 billion dirhams and Emirates Group, worth 24.4 billion dirhams - its two largest investments.
* ICD is also the sole owner of Dubai Aluminium Company, Emirates National Oil Company, Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai Duty Free Establishment, Dubai Silicon Oasis and Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook