Sheikh Ahmed named Emirates NBD chairman
Dubai, June 26, 2011
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum, chairman of Emirates airlines and uncle to Dubai's ruler, has been appointed chairman of lender Emirates NBD, state news agency Wam said on Sunday.
Sheikh Ahmed replaces Ahmed Humaid Al Tayer, who is also governor of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
The two men also helm Dubai's Supreme Fiscal Committee and were key figures during the emirate's debt crisis.
Separately, Wam said Sheikh Ahmed stepped down as chairman of Noor Islamic Bank. He will be replaced by Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’
- Emaar approves bonds-to-shares conversion
- Higher oil production to boost Mena growth