Sheikh Ahmed named Emirates NBD chairman
Dubai, June 26, 2011
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al Maktoum, chairman of Emirates airlines and uncle to Dubai's ruler, has been appointed chairman of lender Emirates NBD, state news agency Wam said on Sunday.
Sheikh Ahmed replaces Ahmed Humaid Al Tayer, who is also governor of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
The two men also helm Dubai's Supreme Fiscal Committee and were key figures during the emirate's debt crisis.
Separately, Wam said Sheikh Ahmed stepped down as chairman of Noor Islamic Bank. He will be replaced by Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- UAE sees big foreign capital inflow
- Gulf Capital to raise $360m partly for dividend
- Apicorp posts $109m profit in 2012
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance