BMB distributes $2.6m to investors
Manama, July 5, 2011
Bahrain Middle East Bank (BMB) has announced the distribution of $2.6 million to its investors for the second quarter of the year, taking the total distribution for 2011 so far to $5.8 million.
'The distribution marks yet another step in our journey of consistent delivery and performance and has been achieved in a market environment yet characterised by uncertainty and looming economic crisis regionally and globally,' said BMB chief financial officer Azzam Ahamat.
'We are pleased that we are able to uphold the investments of our valued stakeholders amidst these challenges and remain focused on continuing to reciprocate their trust and confidence placed in the institution,' said Ahamat.
'With the new lines of business already been tested with outstanding results, the bank is now on the path to measured growth with the aim of creating a model platform capable of sustainable growth and providing value for all stakeholders,' remarked CEO Akbar Habib.
'These new avenues for growth are promising - augmented in partnership with some of the world's leading players in their respective market spheres,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson