BMB distributes $2.6m to investors
Manama, July 5, 2011
Bahrain Middle East Bank (BMB) has announced the distribution of $2.6 million to its investors for the second quarter of the year, taking the total distribution for 2011 so far to $5.8 million.
'The distribution marks yet another step in our journey of consistent delivery and performance and has been achieved in a market environment yet characterised by uncertainty and looming economic crisis regionally and globally,' said BMB chief financial officer Azzam Ahamat.
'We are pleased that we are able to uphold the investments of our valued stakeholders amidst these challenges and remain focused on continuing to reciprocate their trust and confidence placed in the institution,' said Ahamat.
'With the new lines of business already been tested with outstanding results, the bank is now on the path to measured growth with the aim of creating a model platform capable of sustainable growth and providing value for all stakeholders,' remarked CEO Akbar Habib.
'These new avenues for growth are promising - augmented in partnership with some of the world's leading players in their respective market spheres,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts Of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan