KIB names senior manager for retail banking
Kuwait, July 7, 2011
Kuwait International Bank (KIB), a leading Islamic bank in Kuwait, has appointed N G R Nair as senior manager to lead the growth of its retail banking department.
“Nair is one of the Kuwait banking sector’s best known and most-qualified figures, with an enviable track record of achievement,” said Mahmoud Abul Eyoun, chief executive of KIB.
“At KIB we are committed to the growth and development of our business and Mr Nair’s appointment provides further strength to our team.”
“His experience will assist our strategy to provide products and services which focus closely on our customers’ needs, and create new standards of customer service excellence amongst Islamic banks in Kuwait,” he added.
Nair, besides having 37 years of banking experience, is a specialist in a number of areas, including marketing, research and banking technology, as well as a strong background in retail banking services.
In Kuwait he worked for a number of local and international banks before joining Commercial Bank of Kuwait, where he held senior positions which included regional manager and senior regional manager with responsibility for direct sales.
Nair has an MA in economics, diploma in banking businesses, from Institute of Banking, UK, as well as higher certificates from a number of academic institutions around the globe, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs