BNH posts net profit of $4.4m for H1
Manama, August 2, 2011
Bahrain National Holding Company (BNH) yesterday posted a net profit of BD1.7 million ($4.4 million) for the first half of the year.
BNH is the parent company of Bahrain National Insurance and Bahrain National Life Assurance.
Total gross premiums for the period registered BD11.3 million while net earned premiums reached BD6.5 million. Underwriting profit was BD900,000 and net investment income was BD1.5 million.
"We are very pleased with the steady growth of our profit and businesses for the quarter," said chief executive Mahmood Al Soufi.
"It reflects our sound investment strategies and prudent underwriting approach which are aimed towards benefiting the interest of our clients and stakeholders," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business