NBK launches Somalia donation drive
Kuwait, August 3, 2011
As part of its pan-Arab social responsibility and outreach, National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) has donated $500,000 to feed people in Somalia suffering from lack of food and water.
NBK has also launched an emergency donation campaign through all its branches and channels in collaboration with the Fundraising People’s Committee and Kuwait Red Crescent Society. A special NBK account number (1000354951) has been set up to channel donations.
NBK Group deputy CEO Isam J Al Sager met Fundraising People's Committee member Qais N Al Nusif to consider all means of support and assistance that NBK can provide for Somalia famine victims.
“This initiative is part of NBK’s corporate social responsibility to help people in crisis in the Arab world,” Al Sager said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge