Sheikha Hanadi appointed StanChart adviser
Doha, August 9, 2011
Standard Chartered Bank has appointed Sheikha Hanadi Nasser Bin Khaled Al Thani as a special adviser to the bank and a member of the bank’s Gulf Advisory Council (GAC).
In her role on the GAC, Sheikha Hanadi will support V Shankar, CEO, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Americas, and Christos Papadopoulos, regional CEO, Middle East.
The GAC is a strategic advisory forum on the business, economic and political environment in the Middle East, providing insights that help the bank build lasting relationships with communities and businesses, and which aims to be positive force in driving continued growth within the region.
Shankar said: “Sheikha Hanadi is well known for her significant contribution in developing Qatar's economic and social presence in the Arab world. Her experience and visionary leadership will help deepen our commitment to building a sustainable business as a bank in the region.”
Sheikha Hanadi is the founder and chairperson of Amwal, CEO of Al Waab City Real Estate development project, and deputy CEO of Nasser Bin Khaled Al Thani & Sons Group. –TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3