Capinnova net profit soars to $806,000
Manama, August 13, 2011
Bahrain-based Capinnova Investment Bank, the Shari’a compliant investment banking arm of BBK, has reported a net profit of $806,000 for the second quarter of the year as compared to a net profit of $159,000 for the same period in 2010.
The gross revenue for the second quarter in 2011 was $2.5 million in comparison to $1.9 million for the same period in 2010.
Capinnova has reported a growth of 24.3 per cent in net profit for the 6 months ended June 30 as compared to the same period during the previous year.
The net profit reported for the first half of 2011 was US $2 million as compared to a net profit of $1.6 million during the same period in 2010.
The gross revenue for the first half of 2011 was $5 million as compared to $5.3 million (which included a one off revenue of $1.6 million related to Sakana) for the period ended June 30. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards