Nominations sought for award
Bahrain, August 17, 2011
The 7th Annual World Islamic Funds and Financial Markets Conference (WIFFMC 2011) is calling for nominations for the Islamic Investment Institution of the year award.
The event, on September 26 and 27, will be held under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB).
The award aims to recognise institutions that have made significant contribution to the Islamic funds and investments industry and have demonstrated outstanding achievements and institutional excellence in major performance areas.
David McLean, managing director of the World Islamic Funds and Financial Markets Conference, said: “The Islamic Investment Institution of the Year Award encourages industry players to further strengthen their business models and innovate next generation products that will propel the industry to the next phase of development.”
The nominations will be accepted until September 8, and the winning institution will be recognised at the gala dinner ceremony which will be held at the Gulf Hotel in Bahrain.
Key criteria for the nomination includes significant contribution to the development of the Shari’ah-compliant investments industry either through the development of innovative products and services that have substantially advanced the regional and global Shari’ah-compliant investments industry and/or outstanding financial performance resulting from excellence in its operations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds