DIB opens new Sharjah branch
Dubai, August 23, 2011
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) has opened its new branch in Sharjah, bringing the bank’s UAE-wide network to a total of 69 branches.
The new Sahara Centre branch, DIB’s 14th in Sharjah, offers customers a full suite of banking services, the bank said in a statement.
“The continued expansion of DIB’s UAE-wide branch network is a central plan of our long-term customer acquisition strategy. Ensuring branches are located near our existing and potential customers has made a significant contribution to DIB’s impressive growth in its core operations in 2011, and will continue to do so as we look towards the remainder of the year,” said Dr Adnan Chilwan, deputy CEO - chief of Consumer and Wholesale Banking, DIB.
Rashid Mahboob, head of Mass Market, Dubai Islamic Bank, said: “The opening of the Sahara Centre branch is in response to the growing needs of customers in Sharjah.”
“Moreover, this branch reflects the increasing demand from customers for even easier and more convenient banking services. In light of this, DIB will continue with a strategy of opening more branches in malls as they allow customers to conveniently combine banking with shopping activities,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’