TAIB Bank names securities GM
Manama, September 5, 2011
Leading Bahrain-based TAIB Bank has appointed Khaldoon Bin Latif as general manager of TAIB Securities as part of its restructuring strategy.
Before joining TAIB, Bin Latif was head of the International equity sales desk at AKD Securities, one of the leading securities firms in Pakistan. He has extensive experience in trading equities from both a buy and sell side perspective, a statement said.
“I am delighted to be running the securities business within TAIB which has undergone a significant restructuring over the last six months,” said Bin Latif.
“TAIB has a well established private client broking business within the region with one of the widest broking platforms in the Middle East with market access to over 40 countries via its presence in Turkey, Kazakhstan, UAE, Bahrain and India.”
“This capability will provide our Middle Eastern investors with access to some of the fastest growing frontier and emerging markets and I am very excited about both the growth and investment opportunities that lie ahead for TAIB and its client base,” he added.
Sohail Sultan, TAIB’s CEO, said: “I am delighted to announce the appointment of Khaldoon to our team as he will bring a wealth of experience to our broking operation. A restructured and rewrapped broking platform is key for TAIB as we look to rebuild our equity capital markets business within our geographic footprint of the Middle East, South Asia, Turkey and Central Asia.”
“We currently have over 450 broking clients with $400 million of assets under management, which we intend to grow significantly in the years ahead. We are currently restructuring our existing cash equity execution product and incorporating enhanced research capabilities, custody and managing financing services while simultaneously diversifying our range of asset classes that we can broke to include Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income and Commodities with improved risk management support.”
“Our ongoing senior management appointments will ensure we supply clients with the best products and services possible as we position TAIB as a major regional bank with international capabilities. I look forward to reporting on further progress in due course,” Sultan concluded.
Bin Latif has a degree in economics from Lahore University of Management Services. – TradeArabia News Services
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs