Mashreq names investment banking head
Dubai, September 11, 2011
Mashreq Bank , Dubai's second largest lender by market value, has appointed Julio de Quesada as the new head of its corporate and investment banking group, the lender said on Sunday.
De Quesada was previously the head Saudi Arabia's Bank Al Jazira's institutional banking group before joining Masreq, the statement said. He also held positions at Samba Financial Group and Citigroup in Pakistan and Mexico.
The bank in July also named Farhad Irani as its new head of its retail banking division.
Mashreq posted a 41 per cent increase in second-quarter net profit as half-year provisions for bad loans fell.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service