Mashreq names investment banking head
Dubai, September 11, 2011
Mashreq Bank , Dubai's second largest lender by market value, has appointed Julio de Quesada as the new head of its corporate and investment banking group, the lender said on Sunday.
De Quesada was previously the head Saudi Arabia's Bank Al Jazira's institutional banking group before joining Masreq, the statement said. He also held positions at Samba Financial Group and Citigroup in Pakistan and Mexico.
The bank in July also named Farhad Irani as its new head of its retail banking division.
Mashreq posted a 41 per cent increase in second-quarter net profit as half-year provisions for bad loans fell.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson